• Email
  • Print

Registration & Permits

Find important information about registrations and permits required by various local jurisdictions.

Vehicle Registration

New residents are required to do the following within 30 days of moving to Texas:

Texas residents who own a motor vehicle are legally required to annually renew their vehicle registration.

Immunization and School Enrollment in Texas

The State of Texas oversees school attendance and immunization requirements for Texas children. Visit the Texas Education Agency website to learn more.

Garland Schools and Educational Opportunities

Garland residents of all ages benefit from quality lifelong learning resources. For more information on lifelong learning resources for all Garland residents, please view educational opportunities.

Pet Registration/Vaccination

City ordinance requires that all animals 3 months of age and older be registered annually with Garland Animal Services. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required.

Alarm Permits

The City of Garland requires alarm system users to obtain an alarm permit from the Garland Police Department.